08 January 2012

Celebrating Life

"Happy Birthday, Pich!" =D
Celebrating life.....

I celebrated someone else's birth today and it made me realize that birthdays are always the ones that makes a person the happiest. Whether or not they have a significant title in their life, I believe that everyone deserves to celebrate the life given to them on Earth. Celebrate it with the people they love and those who cares. Today...today made me want to cry...

My maid...it's her birthday today. You know, the shocking thing is that she didn't even know that it's her birthday today. She only knew that she'd turn 22 this year. That's all she knows since she has NEVER celebrated birthdays back in her hometown. And when we presented the cake to her, she could only look down and stare at it in awe. It's probably her first birthday cake in 22 years! I saw tears welling up in her eyes...I wanted to cry too. I mean, how could there be anyone who doesn't know their birth date? I thought that was all in the movies. T.T It's heartbreaking just to know that there are people out there just like her.

Anyways, we took some pictures and she looked really happy in her photos. I've never seen her glow so brightly before. My brothers and I thought that she also deserves a prezzie. What's a birthday without prezzies right? Hahaha...So yea, we got her a teddy bear. By looking at her overwhelmed expression, I'm guessing she has never had one in her life. *Sobs* My mum gave her a watch. Do you know what my maid did in return? All she did was just...she hugged my mum, gave her a kiss on the cheeks and whispered 'Thank You' with a quivering voice. That itself made my mum rush into her bedroom and started crying. I mean, can you imagine how a person can appreciate you so much even though you've treated them otherwise? My mum may have been strict and all with her but she nevertheless still appreciates my mum like nothing ever happened.

This incident itself made me think. Perhaps one day when I'm wealthy enough, I may decide to carry out a 'Birthday foundation' for the poor...for those who could not afford to celebrate their birthdays just like my maid. This may sound nuts or crazy but somehow, when I saw my maid smile happily over a simple birthday celebration, it felt like as if the dark clouds above my head has been lifted. I felt just as happy as she did and it felt good. Who knew that one person's smile could be so infectious. =D

~Whispers~

No comments: