13 July 2011

Tips on Caring for Curly Hair

How I wish my curls could be like that! Unfortunately, it started to fade after a day since the perm. =.="
Good morning! Oh oh! I was really frustrated with my curls yesterday because it seems to be fading too soon. Shouldn't it last at least for a month or 2? So anyways, I googled on ways to preserve my curls. Hahaha...(so hardworking). *Pats own head* Lol! Anywho, I found a few helpful websites and goodness me! Who knew taking care of curly hairs would have this much responsibility. =S I should have checked it out first before perming my hair but still...on the positive side, this is a start to forcing myself to be responsible with my appearance. I never really cared about my hair previously. All I did is just wash, dry, comb. That's it! But now....I have to do much more than that.

Here's the tips on how to care for curly hair (as far as I can remember):

  1. Don't wash your hair everyday. The most is four times a week. (How am I to do that?! I wash my hair everyday. I think I'll resolve to the second tip. Hehe...)
  2. Don't use shampoo all the time. If you must, wash with conditioner and rinse with water only.
  3. In the shower, use a wide-tooth-comb to comb* your hair gently to detangle any curls.
  4. After shower, use the towel to just squeeze out the remaining water on your hair but do this gently.
  5. Apply leave-on conditioner on your wet hair (just the lower part of your hair until the tip of hair) and put on some moose to make sure your curls are preserved for a longer time.
  6. Sleep with a 'shower cap' on or you can bun it up. (I prefer to bun it up. =D)
  7. Avoid sleeping with your hair wet. It'll create frizz.
  8. Oh! And you should also avoid blowing your hair with a hairdryer. Let it dry naturally. (Less blowing to do! Yay!)
That's about it I suppose...unless I didn't remember some. But here's some website links that says better:

  • http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-Your-Curly-Hair
  • http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/curly-hair-how-to-hairstyles
  • http://www.facebook.com/SunsilkMalaysia?sk=app_152411214824035
  • http://www.ehow.com/video_5190211_maintain-curly-hair.html
*A wide-tooth-comb looks like that (Just in case some of you might not know how it looks like):


Wide-tooth-comb Very simple comb, huh. lol...
So yea...that's about it. It's not a very tedious process...just takes up some time but after all, beauty comes with effort. Hehe...Time to make my hair gold! Hahaha...

~Whispers~

No comments: